There are some obscure holidays that are worth celebrating. And this week, March 9th, commemorates National Meatball Day. So what better way to celebrate than by twirling your fork at a few of New York’s best Italian restaurants! This list, by all means, isn’t inclusive. But it can give you a place to start for some of the best Italian fare, including some celebratory meatballs!
The Best Meatballs in NYC, According to TripAdvisor
New York City attracts thousands upon thousands of tourists throughout the year. And for those who visit from afar, TripAdvisor serves as a great channel for sharing experiences. Believe it or not, there’s a list of “New York City Meatballs” outlining some of the highest-ranked restaurants in the Big Apple that serve up the tastiest meatballs. Here are just a few to consider adding to your list.
- Patsy’s Italian Restaurant - “Fantastic!” and “Really Great Experience!”
- Tony’s Di Napoli in Midtown - “Meatballs were outstanding!”
- Carmine’s Italian Restaurant in Times Square - “Giant portions!” and “Hope you’re hungry.”
- Piccola Cucina Estiatorio - “Great Italian Night!” and “Good food!”
- The Meatball Shop in Hell’s Kitchen - “Tasty and well priced.” and “Unique and great prices!”
The Best Meatballs in NYC, According to Yelp
New York's “best of” lists can change by the minute. So, it can be hard to keep up with the latest and best, especially when it comes to incredible Italian cuisine. But you can usually find reviews on Yelp to help you separate the mediocre from the authentic and amazing. Here are a few highly-rated restaurants with “kissing of the fingertips” endorsements! Mwah!
- Table 21 Ristorante: 4.5 Stars, “Food is great, and service is even better.”
- Giano Restaurant: 4.5 Stars, “The Tagliatelle alla Bolognese was great!”
- Trapizzino: 4.5 Stars, “Good food and service!”
- La Percora Bianca: 4.5 Stars, “The whipped ricotta is the stuff of dreams!”
- Rubirosa: 4.5 Stars, “Loved the meatballs!”
The Best Meatballs in NYC, According to New Yorkers
If you really want to sample some of New York’s best meatballs, you can always rely on the best of lists curated by locals who know where to find all the best gems. So, after culling through those reviews and obscure hidden Italian favorites, add these Italian restaurants to your must-sample itinerary this National Meatball Day.
- Di Palo’s: 200 Grand Street and Mott Street
- Aunt Jake’s: Little Italy’s restaurant row
- Emporio: Heart of SoHo
- Pascuale Jones: 187 Mulberry Street
- Emilio’s Ballato: 55 E. Houston Street
Whatever you have planned to do on March 9th, just don’t forget that it’s National Meatball Day. And it’s a perfect reason to head out and celebrate with these NYC favorite Italian restaurants!
And for any other NYC event you need to plan, let EMRG Media help you with all the planning!