The nation’s largest Halloween celebration is back for the 50th annual Village Halloween Parade in Greenwich Village. Coined as “The Greatest Event on Earth for October 31st”, this New York City event is not one you want to miss. The Village Halloween Parade is open to the public, and you can walk with your best costume down 6th Avenue with your friends and family. If you’d rather watch than participate, there’s no doubt you’re in for a spectacular show.
This year’s theme for the parade is “Inside/Out: Upside/Down.” The idea behind this theme is about reflecting on the past few years of our lives and how our world was turned upside down. Now, it’s time to come out and celebrate how far we’ve come. How you interpret this theme is entirely up to you. Be creative with your costumes and join the fun of the season!
What You Need to Know for the Village Halloween Parade
- The parade is happening on October 31st from 7-11 PM. The route starts at Canal St. and 6th Avenue and goes up 6th Avenue to 15th Street on 6th Avenue.
- To participate in the parade, you must be in costume & a MASK. Meet at 6th Ave and Canal St from 6:30 - 9:00 PM.
- This is a rain-or-shine event.
- If you are watching and not participating, you can view the parade from either the east or west side of 6th Ave between King St and West 15th.
- Do not bring your car as parking is extremely limited. Use public transportation.
- If you cannot make it to the parade, it will be aired on TV, on NY1 from 8:00 - 9:30 PM.
- This is a FREE event, but there are a number of VIP TICKET options for both participants and spectators.
- Check out their site for all the details!
Spooky season is upon us, and if you’re looking for something amazing to do in NYC, the Village Halloween parade is out of this world. See some of the world’s most impressive costumes and experience this top-notch Halloween celebration!
And trust EMRG Media whenever you have a New York event to plan that needs to be memorable and exciting.