It’s not just any parade. It’s the Easter Parade & Bonnet Festival, coming up on April 9th, right here in New York City. And yes, there’s a parade and celebration. But it’s also time to procure your most elaborate hats, caps, and artistic chapeaux to celebrate the Easter holiday!
The Official Easter Parade Details
If you’re looking for something extra fun to do with the family in New York City on Easter, get in on the Easter Parade & Bonnet Festival. Here’s what you need to know:
- The parade kicks off at 10:00 am on Easter Sunday, April 9th, 2023.
- The parade starts on Fifth Ave and heads north to 57th Street.
- The best parade views are between St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Fifth Avenue.
- The parade is free! The only real requirement is the bonnet. And only the most elaborate and whimsical will do!
Fun with Hats and Bonnets
This parade and bonnet celebration is a New York City tradition that dates back to the 1870s. And even today, it’s all about the hats! Every year, parade-goers and participants get even more creative about designing their incredible, outlandish, and lavishly decorated caps and bonnets. Check out some of the various websites and social media posts online to see just how crazy and fun these hats and costumes can get!
Easter in New York City
The Easter Parade and Bonnet Festival are usually just the beginning. There are several Easter-related happenings in and around the city to head to once the parade is over, including a slew of “Breakfast with the Easter Bunny” events, perfect for the little ones.
- Easter Bunny HOP! & Pictures with Easter Bunny at 53 Above, 318 West 53rd Street, Midtown
- Easter Brunch with the Bunny at Hard Rock Cafe in New York, 1501 Broadway, Midtown | April 2, 10 am – 12 pm
- Brunch With the Easter Bunny at Stella 34 Trattoria at Macy’s Herald Square, located at 151 W 34th Street | Saturday, April 8, and Sundays, April 9, beginning at 9 am
- Easter at the Seaport: Easter Egg Hunt & Crafts at The Seaport, 12 Fulton Street, Downtown Manhattan | Saturday, April 8, 11 am
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny at Dave & Buster’s – Brooklyn Gateway, 395 Gateway Dr., Spring Creek | Saturday, April 1, 9 am
- Easter Sunday Skate Party at Pier 2 Roller Rink at Brooklyn Bridge Park, 150 Furman Street, Downtown Brooklyn | Sunday, April 9, 1 – 8:30 pm
- Easter Event at the Ballfields in Juniper Valley Park, Juniper Blvd., Lutheran Ave., 71 St, Middle Village | Saturday, April 8, 11 am – 2 pm
Start creating your elaborate Easter bonnets, and make sure you get to the Easter Parade and Bonnet Festival! And for all other event planning you have to do, like corporate events, milestone birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, retirement parties, and company outings, let EMRG Media be your ultimate NYC event planning guide!