New York event planners are often so busy planning other events that they forget how refreshing it is to attend one. And you’d be surprised how inspired you can be from a weekend at a local festival or a relaxing afternoon taking in a local theater performance. If you’re looking for something inspirational, relaxing, and fun, you should check out the schedule for the Dream Up Festival, which is going on from August 28th through September 18th. And it’s a seven-day-a-week festival, so you’ll easily find some time to step aside and enjoy yourself.
The Dream Up Festival Lineup of Performances
The Theater for the New City has a complete lineup of performances online. These listings include all the information you need, including ticket pricing, showtimes, dates, playwright/director, and artist details. Here are some of the fun and exciting acts on deck:
- Adolsy (World Premiere)
- At Least he Didn’t Die with Antlers on His Head!
- BrothaShakespeare (World Premiere)
- Carson and Huston (World Premiere)
- Crescent City Rebirth (World Premiere)
- Darkness after Night – Ukraine (World Premiere)
- Directions (World Premiere)
- Dollars to Doughnuts (World Premiere)
- Electric Serenade (World Premiere)
- Goth Opera (American Premiere)
- Nothing But Thunder (World Premiere)
- One with the Current (World Premiere)
- Pandemonium (World Premiere)
- PROTECTED (World Premiere)
- SOLEDAD (World Premiere)
- Splitting My Sides (American Premiere)
- Strokes of Genius (World Premiere)
- The Arranged Matrimony (World Premiere)
- The Minotaur (World Premiere)
- There Is No Eden (World Premiere)
- Two Truths and a Lie (World Premiere)
- Verse DiVerse (World Premiere)
- Yellow Sun of Neptune Ave. (World Premiere)
The Theater for The New City’s Fun Dream Up Festival 2022
Venture over to The Theater for the New City at 155 First Avenue, between 9th and 10th Streets. This festival features a host of performances Monday through Friday, beginning at 6:30 PM and 9:00 PM, and then on Saturday and Sunday with start times of 2:00 PM, 5:00 PM, and 8:00 PM.
Ticket prices will range from $12 to $20 per person, making it an affordable evening out, too! You can purchase your tickets here: https://ci.ovationtix.com/35441
If you have additional questions, general inquiries, or want to be added to the Theater for the New City’s mailing list, here is the contact information.
- By Phone: (212) 254-1109
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dream Up Theater Email: email@example.com
Please Note COVID Protocols
Please check back with the Dream Up Festival website or contact the office to verify the latest announcements. However, per the terms listed, guests 12 years old and older are required to provide proof of at least one COVID dose vaccination. Children ages five to 11 must also demonstrate proof of vaccination. Since all guests MUST provide proof of vaccination, it’s best to provide yours when ordering or picking up your tickets to the festival’s performances.
You’re a busy New York event planner who maybe needs a little time away from all the planning and a little more time in the seat as a guest. Take in one of these Dream Up Festival performances and enjoy yourself!
Whenever you need inspiration or insights about being the best event planner you can be, follow along with our ongoing blog series, where we share tips, ideas, and business best practices. Let EMRG Media be your guide to all things NYC!