Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day is happening on September 17th, and it’s an experience the whole family will love!
This is your opportunity to sample and explore the arts across a variety of museum participants in New York City for FREE.
What Is Museum Day?
Smithsonian Magazine is thrilled to announce the return of its Museum Day, a day dedicated to the “annual celebration of boundless curiosity.” It’s a nationwide event whereby participating museums and cultural organizations, and art institutions open their doors to the public for free access to their exhibits. And all you need to gain entry to any of these locations is to present your Museum Day Ticket.
Get your Museum Day Ticket here.
Check out the Museum Day FAQ page for more information here.
Which NYC Museums Can You Visit for Free?
There are over 35 participating museums and cultural institutions in New York! So, you can spend the whole day exploring and experiencing! Here’s the roster of stops to add to your Museum Day adventures across the state of New York.
- Antique Wireless Museum - Bloomfield, NY
- Asia Society Museum - New York, NY
- Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum - Bronx, NY
- Burchfield Penney Art Center - Buffalo, NY
- Chenango County Historical Society & Museum - Norwich, NY
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum - New York, NY
- Derfner Judaica Museum + The Art Collection at Hebrew Home at Riverdale - Bronx, NY
- Dyckman Farmhouse Museum - New York, NY
- Empire State Aerosciences Museum - Glenville, NY
- Frederic Remington Art Museum - Ogdensburg, NY
- George Eastman Museum - Rochester, NY
- Greater Oneonta Historical Society - Oneonta, NY
- Heritage Square Museum - Ontario, NY
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum - North Tonawanda, NY
- Hicksville Gregory Museum - Hicksville, NY
- Hudson River Maritime Museum - Kingston, NY
- Hudson River Museum - Yonkers, NY
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum - New York, NY
- Katonah Museum of Art - Katonah, NY
- Museum of Jewish Heritage - A Living Memorial to the Holocaust - New York, NY
- Nassau County Museum of Art - Roslyn Harbor, NY
- National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame - Saratoga Springs, NY
- Nautical Museum at Horton Point Lighthouse - Southold, NY
- Phelps Mansion Museum - Binghamton, NY
- Poster House - New York, NY
- Rose Hill Mansion - Geneva, NY
- Southold Historical Museum Maple Lane Complex - Southold, NY
- The AKC Museum of the Dog - New York, NY
- The Buffalo History Museum - Buffalo, NY
- The Heckscher Museum of Art - Huntington, NY
- The Jewish Museum - New York, NY
- The Long Island Museum - Stony Brook, NY
- Walt Whitman Birthplace State Historic Site & Interpretive Center - Huntington Station, NY
- World Awareness Children’s Museum - Glens Falls, NY
Get out there and start exploring the culture, history, and the arts for this Museum Day! Share your adventures by tagging @MuseumDay and #MuseumDay.
Keep up with and on top of all the happenings in and around NYC, and get marketing insights for your event planning business with EMRG Media!